Hamilton At Last

 After years and years of trying to see  vio777 Hamilton, I saw the musical in person and it surpassed every expectation I had in my mind.

I’ve joked that Hamilton was the show I somehow just could not see because every time we had tickets something popped up and derailed our plans. In the winter of 2017 Ryan surprised me with tickets to see Hamilton in New York City for Christmas but we ended up canceling our trip when I got very sick with the flu when I was pregnant with Ryder. I was then on every wait list to buy tickets to see Hamilton when it came to Charlotte and entered the lottery every single day and still couldn’t see the show. My mom then surprised us with tickets for my birthday when the musical was set to come to Jacksonville and it ended up being canceled twice due to the pandemic.

Finally the stars aligned and my mom, Ryan and I went to see the show at the Times Union Center of the Performing Arts in Jacksonville on Friday evening and it was incredible. (Shout out to Pop for holding down the fort with our three crazy boys!)For any fellow Hamilton fans out there, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the show. There were a few moments that  rentapress really stuck out to me in the show that flew under my radar when I listened to the soundtrack from the musical at home. I loved the rewind-style performance in “Satisfied” in person and through the battle scene with General Lee (during the song “Right Hand Man”) was so much cooler in person as well. And King George was just all kinds of hilarious!

Saturday

Our trip to Jacksonville this weekend obviously centered around our plans to see Hamilton but you better believe we were all psyched for some extra time with family. On Saturday, my dad and Ryan went out on a 50-mile bike ride which Ryan was really looking forward to since he has his Half Ironman coming up in a couple of weeks.

My dad has been big into biking for several genztrending years and Ryan said he thought of this weekend as “biking boot camp” with my dad. I know he appreciated my dad’s tips and guidance so much and they arrived back at my parents’ place excited about their ride.

We spent most of our Saturday at the beach which was heaven for the boys!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NASA plans to fix Mars

How to get a loan for a car?